Recent research conducted by the University of Oslo in Norway reveals that consuming two to three kiwifruit per day can work to thin blood, reduce clotting and lower fat in the blood that can cause blockage, without negatively affecting cholesterol levels. In short, kiwifruit consumption has similar effects to the daily dosage of aspirin recommended by physicians to improve heart health.
This is also very interesting from the same article:
“In addition to these newly discovered health benefits with respect to cardio vascular disease, a recent study by the internationally renowned Rowett Research Institute in the United Kingdom shows that eating kiwifruit daily can provide substantial protection against the kind of DNA damage that can trigger cancer and, more significantly, kiwifruit greatly speeds the repair of DNA damage.”
Thanks for the information… This will truly help…
Kiwifruit is the most nutrient-rich of the top 26 fruits consumed in the world today. It also has the highest density of any fruit for vitamin C and magnesiumóa limited mineral in the food supply of most affluent countries and a nutrient important for cardiovascular health. Among the top three low-sodium, high-potassium fruits, kiwifruit ranks number one, having more potassium than a banana or citrus fruits.
Health Benefits of Kiwi:
- High in Vitamin C=> Kiwi contains a remarkable amount of vitamin C, a water soluble antioxidant that has been proven to fight against cardiovascular disease and cancer. Kiwi contains 2 1/2 times the recommended daily allowance of vitamin C.
- Improved Vision=>Studies show that not just carrots are good for your eyes, but kiwi too. Kiwi fruit is an excellent source of the phytochemical lutein which helps contribute to age related blindness. Consuming three kiwi a day can lower your risk of eyesight loss.
- Source of Vitamin E=>Kiwi fruit is one of the fat free sources of Vitamin E, a powerful antioxidant that helps boost immunity and helps lower cholesterol.
- Good Source of Zinc=>Kiwi’s zinc content can help promote testosterone in men and promote healthy skin, hair, nails and teeth.
It is important to note that kiwi fruits contain a remarkable amount of Vitamin C, E and A. Vitamin C is a water-soluble antioxidant that has been proven to protect our body from free radicals, dramatically improving the health of individuals who consumed it regularly against all kinds of disease, from cardiovascular problems to cancer and obesity. Kiwi fruits contain both these vitamins in high amount, which help protect our body against free radicals from all fronts.
Eating kiwi fruits having following health benefits :
2. Prevents wheezing and coughing, especially in children
3. Protects our DNA from mutations
4. Provides a healthy amount of antioxidants and vitamins
5. Helps prevent colon cancer thanks to a high fiber content