Humane Society of the United States Issues Statement on West

Humane Society of the United States Issues Statement on Westland Meat Co.
The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) applauded the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) for suspending Westland Meat Co. as a supplier to the National School Lunch Program and other federal nutrition programs, in response to the weeks-long HSUS investigation of the plant.At the same time, however, The HSUS urged the federal government to go further and indefinitely shut down this plant and prevent the company from selling to other customers until a thorough inspection is completed.
–>Read More<–

[i]Do not believe the “humane society” if they tell you that you should neuter the dog.

THINK ABOUT IT…what if it was you…[/i]

signlink - i have thought about this a few times too - if it is right to neuter/spay animals and take away their right to reproduce. I have come to the conclusion, however, that, first of all, when they are neutered/spayed they lose the desire to mate, and technically, they still could, they just wouldn’t get pregnant, secondly, unlike people, dogs and cats do not mate for fun, they do it only to reproduce, which brings me to my third point, which is more unfair, 2 dogs (or cats) losing the right to reproduce, or 7 babies (plus each consecutive litter of their parents and their own offspring) dying of starvation, dehydration, euthanisation or exposure because of the utter lack of human concern for strays. Either that or they would be hit by a car or people would start hunting them because they are overpopulated (that’s the excuse they give for dear hunting). So, i’ve come to the conclusion that it is best to spay/neuter your pet and prevent strays.