HELP!!!!

[color=darkblue]Help!!! My family doesn’t except me being a lacto-ova-vegetarian :cry: !! I want to be a vegan one day but they won’t even leave me be about eating only diary products as a source of protein!! But according to all my vegetarian books I will get enough just by eating my dark leafy vegies (which I luv) What can I do so they will except it?

Sorry to say, but your family sucks. The only thing that you can do is to make them realize that you’re a separate human being, not their property, and therefore they cannot force you to do -anything- unless they really like the idea of being hated by their own child for wasting half of his/her life. Hard for them to come over, but necessary for things (relations) to be normal. Good luck.

Had this same problem when I first become vegetarian and then vegan…it’s tough. How old are you?

heres something you could do…eat meat! i swear that all you vegan idiots are the craziest people on earth. there needs to be less of you in the hardcore scene. save the animals???pffft…i say screw the animals and save the vegetables.

Well, you’re a real piece of work, cowflesheater. Why are you even in this forum? Are you a vegan basher? Why don’t you post on some of the numerous meat-eating sites? I’m sure they would welcome your hostility…

How old are you, guest? If your family objects to your becoming a vegan, I suggest you try educating them about the vegan lifestyle. Many people, especially parents, are concerned that the diet won’t be a healthy one. An excellent book on veganism is “Becoming Vegan” by Davis and Melina. It’ll answer every question they have about the vegan diet. Good luck…

I had exactly the same problem when I became veggie, and still do now. The thing is that your parents may never fully accept your decision, mine havn’t to date, but you have to show them that you’re fully in control of what you’re eating and you know exactly what alternative you should be eating. Buying vegan cookbooks or even just looking up facts and recipes on the internet is a great idea. I personally wouldn’t try educating your family about veganism as it completely backfired when I tried to do this, however it depends how sever your situation is and how stuborn your parents are. I find the easiest way to deal with it is to try not to bring up the fact that you’re vegetarian and only bring it up when it is totally necesarry, remember that they’re probably only concerned about you. Just ease them into your new lifestyle bit by bit and they’ll gradually learn to accept it more. Hell I even got my grandma to taste some of my veggi-roast last christmas! Good luck!

Having a small talk and explaining what you really want is a good idea, because communication is the best way to express what we really like. Explain to them that vegan diet is a healthy diet…