Favorite Recipes

I enjoy getting new ideas for cooking, so I was wondering what everyone’s favorite vegan recipe is. If you have more than one to share, or if you have a favorite site for vegan recipes, that is even better :slight_smile:.

:smiley: I’m not a great cook, so my favourite recipes are fairly non-exotic :slight_smile: I also try to be healthy, but the favourites are a little… high calorie…

1. Spaghetti Bolognese (made with vegan soy mince, durum wheat pasta and a good splash of red wine)
  2. Very hot chilli, again with vegan soy mince and/or mixed beans, and lashings of salsa/guacamole on top.
  3. Vegetable Madras (British style curry) - I can provide a recipe, because I think it’s an english thing :wink:
  4. My Dad’s Sausalatas and baked bean pies (sounds weird, but gorgeous)
  5. Veggie-sausages with Colcannon (mashed potato and cabbage) and gravy.
  6. Portobello & Eggplant sandwich - I discovered this in Boston. Instead of a veggie burger, it’s just a massive mushroom and a thick slice of aubergine grilled in a little oil and put in a burger bun with all the normal burger trimmings :stuck_out_tongue:
  7. Falafel - I usually buy the falafel, fry them, and serve in warm pitta breads with mixed salad (shredded cabbage, carrot and lettuce), hummous and sweet chilli sauce. You can serve with a veggie pilaf.
    8) Cheese-free pizza - I make a bread base (or you can buy them), cover with passata (seived tomotoes) or tomatoe puree, sprinkle herbs (either italian mixed herbs, or basil and oregano), scatter loads of left over veggies from the fridge (garlic, onions, mushrooms, peppers,…) and maybe some thinly sliced tofu, and drizzle some olive oil on top. Cook as you would a cheese pizza.
  8. Any Chinese or Thai recipe, with fried tofu or mushrooms replacing the meat! My favourite is Thai Green Curry with jasmine or coconut rice.
  9. Veggie Stew and dumplings. With vegan parmesan and herbs in the dumplings. And a dash of cider in the stew :smiley:

Wow! That all sounds amazing. Thank you for sharing :smiley:.

Thank you for sharing these recipes Becka… I would try these… Esp. the pizza…