Ingredients: for 5
* Kabuli Chana (Chick Peas), 250 g * Onion, 1, chopped * Potato, 1 medium size, steamed and finely chopped * Tomato, 2 chopped * Garlic, 5 cloves, finely chopped * Ginger, 1 inch, finely chopped * Green chilli,3 chopped * Coriander, washed , finely chopped 1 cup * Lime/lemon Juice, 1 tsp * Canola oil or Olive oil, 2 Tbsp
* Red Chilli Powder,1 tsp * Coriander Powder, 1 tsp * Turmeric, 1/2 tsp * Black Pepper, 1/2 tsp * Cinnamon, 1/2 tsp powdered * Cloves, 2, powdered
- Wash chick peas. Soak chick peas in about 500 ml water overnight.
- Cook chick peas in the same water (Step 1) till they become soft.
- Heat a deep skillet and pour oil. When the oil becomes hot, add onion,garlic, ginger and green chilli. Fry for 5-7 minutes. Add all the spices and stir for 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked chick peas with water (Step 2) into the skillet (Step 3). Add potato tomato and lime juice. Cook till 75% of the water evaporates and a thick gravy is formed.
- Garnish with chopped coriander.
Serve hot with tortilla, bread, plain rice, etc.
A pressure cooker saves time and fuel for cooking wholegrains in general.