* 1 sweet potato * 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed * 2 Tbsp vegetable oil * 2 Tbsp seeded chopped jalapeno pepper * 1 tsp ground cumin * 1 tsp ground coriander * 1 Tbsp lime juice * ½ tsp chili flakes, or to taste * Salt & pepper * 1 avocado, diced * 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced * ½ package phyllo pastry * Olive oil or melted coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place sweet potato on a baking sheet and bake for 1 hour or until soft. Scrape out flesh. You should have about 1 cup. Crush beans with a potato masher but make sure that they still have some texture.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add jalapeno and saute for 30 seconds or until beginning to pop then add cumin and coriander and saute for 30 seconds longer or until fragrant. Add sweet potato and black beans and stir in lime juice and chili flakes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat and stir in avocado and tomatoes.
- Lay one sheet of phyllo pastry flat on a cutting board and brush lightly with olive oil or coconut oil. Using a pizza cutter or knife, slice the pastry along the long side into 5 strips. Place a small spoonful of the mixture at one end of each strip. Folding in the sides as you go, roll the filling up in the phyllo strip.
- Bake the rolls at 350 degrees F for about 15 minutes, or until the phyllo starts to brown.