A matter of perspective

Wrong. SOME products of all these types come from cattle.

And now look how lame that logic is: should we waste so many resources just because doing so is one (and the most wasteful) of the ways to get the products which you have listed?

That’s a bingo.

Sure, all those products are made from cows or various other animals. That’s why you buy the vegan versions of those products. And where there aren’t commercial vegan versions, most vegans make their own, or have vegan companies that do so.

OR you follow the mantra of “Do as little harm as possible.” If its physically IMPOSSIBLE to get a vegan version (very rare as far as I know), then either don’t use it, think of something creative (and we vegans are very creative) or use the product anyway. It exists and we can’t stop that and we don’t have options on using it we can’t stop that either. That doesn’t mean in the meantime we cannot figure out alternatives to it.

Your black/white view of the world is rather disconcerting AdamD.

Exactly my point, by creating an unambiguous definition of what a Vegan is based on their values, one can see that it is practically impossible to exist as one due to the immense amount of wastage/ impracticality. This doesn’t mean that people can’t try to be vegan, but to be a true vegan is bordering on the impossible.

The fact that you assume that I have a black/white view of the entire world based of several forum posts is disconcerting.

Yay I’m fitting right in!

A) No one has claimed to be the perfect True Vegan.
B) Why is trying such a condemnable act? Is that like saying, “Well, it’s really hard to find cures for disease, so fuck it all, why bother. The people dying probably deserved it anyways. Goodness, nature IS cruel, isn’t it?”
C) WHY do you give a shit? Why do you come here, and post on a forum semi-regularly where people are trying to help each other over a commonality, and interject with your random bullshit, just for the sake of being antagonizing? Does this make you feel better about yourself? Is this like intellectual masturbation for you? It’s down right annoying for the rest of us, who find it difficult enough to find people with similar view points.
D) Your knowledge is seriously lacking, and is biased based on a depressing, shaded view of the world, and the truth of “nature” and what “naturalness” entails. Yea, part of the world are cruel. Does that mean we can make an effort ourselves? Should we start treating people like shit, too, just because others have done it in the past?

I don’t care if this post gets me reported, or banned. I’m sick of your shit. Go pick on some other people.

A) Then why is this website (and the label many ‘vegans’ give themselves) not ‘almost’-vegan? It may not roll of the tongue but it’s the truth.

B) You’re implying that being a Vegan is an inherently good thing like curing diseases is. It is not. Your comparison is wrong as is the message behind it. Also, while we’re all making biased and largely inaccurate comparisons: Please read the below point.

C) You’re right, why do I give a shit about something I don’t support and make my opinion known about it? For the same reason that some people stood up to the Nazis in Germany, they felt it was wrong (even though the Nazis were just trying to 'help each other over a commonality).

D) Making a sweeping statement like “Your knowledge is lacking” reflects more on yourself than it does on me. As for my view on the world, it’s called being a realist. People aren’t going to stop eating animals because A: There isn’t enough incentive. B: There industry is already set up. and C: They taste damn good. Go ahead and eat what you want, I’m just putting it out there that you’ll always be a minority.

As for being sick of my “shit”, I’m sorry that you are offended by my arguments but not once have I personally attacked any member of this forum or asked them to leave, I would ask that you extend to me the some courtesy :wink: .

Did you seriously just compare veganism to Nazis?

Just highlighting the silliness of making any comparison to Nazism or any directly related events… Like the holocaust.

So yes.